Native Tree Nursery
Our nursery specializes in collecting a wide variety of Oak species. With our connections, we collect acorns from around the world, including a wide variety of California Native Oaks.
We have two nursery locations, Central Texas and SE Arizona. Our original location is outside of Sierra Vista in Southeastern Arizona.
We can help you make the right selection of native trees for your area, from California to Virginia and in-between.
List of current Native Oak trees we carry
- Arizona White Oak (Quercus arizonica) (Arizona collection)Arizona Native
- Bur Oak (Quercus macrocarpa) (Arizona / Central Texas collection)
- California Valley Oak (Quercus lobata) California Native
- Canyon Live Oak (Quercus chrysolepis) California, Arizona native
- Chestnut Leaf Oak (Quercus castanifolia)
- Chinquapin Oak (Quercus muehlenbergii) (Central Texas / West Texas collection) Texas native
- Chisos Red Oak (Quercus gravesii) (West Texas collection) Texas Native
- Engelmann Oak (Quercus engelmanni) California native
- Escarpment Live Oak (Quercus fusiformis)(Central Texas collection)Texas Native
- Emory Oak (Quercus emoryi)Arizona / Texas Native
- Gamble Oak (Quercus gambelli) Arizona /New Mexico/ Texas Native
- Germana Oak (Quercus germana) (Central Texas collection)
- Graves Oak (Quercus gravesii) (West Texas collection) Texas Native
- Gray Oak (Quercus grisea) (West Texas collection) New Mexico / Texas Native
- Holly Oak (Quercus ilex)
- Lacey Oak (Quercus laceyii) (Central Texas collection) Texas Native (Texas Superstar tree)
- Mexican Blue Oak (Quercus oblongifolia)(Arizona collection) Arizona native
- Mexican White Oak / Monterey Oak (Quercus polymorpha) Arizona and Texas Native
- Mohr Oak (Quercus mohriana) (West Texas collection) Texas native
- Texas Red Oak - Red Rock Oak (Quercus buckleyi) (West Texas / Central Texas collection) Texas Native
- Sandpaper Oak (Quercus pungens) (West Texas collection) Texas Native
- Shrub Live Oak (Quercus turbinella) (California / Arizona collection) California / Arizona / New Mexico/ Texas native
- Shumard Red Oak (Quercus shumardii) Texas Native
- Silver Leaf Oak (Quercus hypoleucoides) Arizona Native
- Vasey Oak (Quercus vaseii/pungens) (West Texas / Central Texas collection) Texas Native
- Valley Oak (Quercus lobata) California Native
- White Oak (Quercus alba)
We carry a limited amount of other Oak tree species as well : Netleaf Oak (Quercus rugosa).
The Mexican Blue Oak is a unique tree native to Arizona and Texas. The leaves are strong a dark blue color and have an unusual shape. The tree is very drought tolerant. When new leaves appear on the plant they are a wonderful light pink color. Typically, throughout the winter the tree is evergreen, however during the last severe cold winter with temperatures down to 3 degrees, the leaves were affected, but the plants survived.
In the mountains in Arizona, we collect our acorns at about 5,500 feet. Our nursery located outside of Sierra Vista is at 4,400 feet and the Silver Leaf grows well here. The Silver Leak Oak also grows in the Davis Mountains of West Texas.
The native Vasey Oak has a sharp pointed leaf and tiny acorns. The tree typically grows in very dry conditions to a height of around 10 feet. If you're looking for a great SMALL oak tree, consider purchasing the Vasey.